Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Musée d'Orsay

A couple days ago I had some time to kill. I had about 3 hours of free time, and I needed to be in the city. So Brooklyn and I decided to go to the Musée d'Orsay. I've always heard that people like the Musée d'Orsay better than the Louvre. Which I didn't get, because the Louvre is probably one of the most famous museums in the world, and the Orsay is very much lesser known. But now, I see why people love it.


It is much smaller than the Louvre, which makes it much less overwhelming. It is filled with beautiful impressionism by the world's most renowned artists.
I got to see the originals of paintings that I have seen throughout my entire life.



Monet's famous "Field of Poppies." My mom used to hang a framed print of this in our family room. I remember laying on the couch admiring it and looking at it often while growing up. I was excited to see it in person.


Monet's garden

Monet's "Water Lilies."




I loved having a day where I was able to go to a museum and look at the things that I wanted to look at. There was no agenda, no required essay or journal, it was simply a leisurely visit.

Except when a little boy threw up in the Van Gogh exhibit.


No comments:

Post a Comment