Friday, February 26, 2010

London, Baby!


Catch up: A quick recap of London:

We went to Les Misérables! The first time I went was in 2008 and we saw it the night we flew into London. I was so jet-lagged that I fell asleep no matter how hard I tried to stay awake. So this time I got to see the whole thing. I thought the cast from 2008 was better (from what I actually saw of it), but Les Miz is Les Miz, and it's always good.



The theater was in Chinatown in London, and it was Chinese New Year so the streets were decked out.

We went shopping on Portobello Road/Knotting Hill. Probably the funnest littlenot-so-little road I have been to in Europe. The buildings were bright colors and there were the coolest shops that lined the street. There were all kinds of stores, from antiques/flea shops & cute little boutiques...




...to the
most famous cupcake shop in England.




We saw the Buckingham Palace....



...and the Queen...
(I'm only about .001% sure that it truly was the Queen)



...And walked in the park near Buckingham Palace...



...We had Ben's Cookies....
(Which I now crave every day. Thank goodness for the Gateway)




...And went to the Opera.


It was a great trip. And since our train was delayed twice totaling over 5 hours of waiting, we were all granted complimentary roundtrip-and-a-half tickets on the Eurostar. Here's to hoping I can make it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment